More About Neck Pain
Neck pain is a very common complaint. We see dozens of people every week at our clinic in Chandlers Ford, suffering from various degrees of neck pain due to a variety of common causes, including:
- Sustained postures in one position for lengthy periods of time i.e. reading, watching TV, sleeping and working
- Overuse through repetition of the same activity, which can over-loads and stress your neck muscles
- Poor muscle control in your neck may lead to fatigue and overuse of other muscles in the area
- Poor workstation set-up (ergonomics) or working practices
- Traumatic injuries such as whiplash
- Headaches which may be coming from your neck area or include neck pain
Rarely is neck pain very serious and there are many effective treatments that we can use to help resolve the problem quickly.
Made an appointment with goPhysio as I had been having neck and shoulder pain. The Physio was warm, friendly and personable and seemed to get to the root of my problem. She did a number of exercises with me and then massaged the affected area. Subsequent appointment made quickly for acupuncture which has definitely relieved the symptoms. I would like to highly recommend.
How We Can Help
If you’re suffering with neck problems and want to take control, get in touch with us at goPhysio – we can carry out a full assessment to help you understand your neck issues and create a bespoke recovery plan to not only relieve your symptoms but give you long lasting recovery. Don’t leave it until problems become severe.
- Hands on treatment to reduce stiffness and improve mobility
- Massage and acupuncture ease muscle spasm, pain and tension headaches
- We’ll check your sleeping position and help advise you how to get a good night’s sleep.
- Home exercises to strengthen your neck muscles will help control your neck problem
- Read more: 10 Ways to Keep Your Neck Pain Under Control
Frequently Asked Questions
There have been many changes with the way health insurance companies cover physiotherapy recently. Subsequently, we require all patients to pay for their physiotherapy appointements up front per appointment. We will provide you with a printed receipt which includes your Physiotherapist’s HCPC number, which you can then provide to your individual insurance company. Depending on your individual policy, you may be able to reclaim some or all of your fees. Policies and cover varies widely now and we are unable to accept any responsibility for the amount you may be able to recaim from your insurance company. You will be responsible for any shortfall.
If you are looking to claim back your fees through your health insurance company, please do let us know, as not all our Clinicains are recognised by health insurance.
We understand that sometimes things come up, however we would appreciate as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment. We just ask that you give us a minimum of 24 hrs notice of any changes to your appointment so that we can re-allocate the appointment. Less than 24 hours notice will result in a charge. Appointment slots are very valuable and without adequate notice that appointment can’t be used for another patient. We send out both text message & email appointment reminders to help you remember your appointment time.
Please just give us a call or drop us an email if you’d like to change your appointment.