We are delighted to have a fully equipped, on-site Pilates Reformer studio in Chandlers Ford. Bright, light, air conditioned and spacious – all you need for the perfect Reformer Pilates session!
We’ve invested in the best equipment available, and from our dedicated studio space offer both a timetable of regular small group Reformer classes or the option of 1-2-1 sessions. All our Instructors are Physio’s or Rehab specialists, giving that unique clinical edge to your Pilates.
Why Reformer Pilates?
- Have a persistent injury that keeps coming back and you want to address the cause to stop this cycle
- Have a long standing condition (such as arthritis or back pain) that would benefit from targeted, supported and specialist exercises to help your pain and activity levels
- Want to strengthen, tone and improve your body’s flexibility
- Have limited ability to get on and off the floor to exercise, as the Reformer bed is raised
- Want to improve your strength, stability, co-ordination, flexibility and balance
- Either want more help and support and an easier Pilates exercise programme or want significantly more challenge! Reformer can be adapted to both ends of the scale depending on your personal goals
- Are familiar with mat Pilates and want to try the Reformer
Reformer Pilates can help:
- People with ongoing or recurrent back or neck problems
- Long term musculoskeletal pain and conditions such as arthritis
- Athletes and regular exercisers, such as runners, who want to learn how to move well and efficiently, wanting to improve their sporting performance
- Pro-active individuals who want to enhance their physical durability and prevent musculoskeletal injuries
- Anyone who wants to improve their strength, stability, co-ordination and balance
- Rehabilitation following an injury
- Improve posture and postural awareness
What does Reformer Pilates involve?
The Reformer is a versatile piece of equipment and plays a pivotal role in enhancing your Pilates by providing adjustable resistance, aiding in better alignment, and supporting a wide range of Pilates exercises.
The Reformer is a bed-like frame with a sliding carriage, attached springs, and various straps and pulleys. The adjustable components of the reformer mean it is fully customisable, to adapt to all individuals.
We always start with some 1-2-1 Reformer sessions. This is essential, so you are familiar with the Reformer equipment, some of the key exercises, can use the equipment safely and can get the most from Reformer Pilates sessions. Some people continue with 1-2-1, whilst others may join one of our small Reformer classes.
During any of our Reformer Pilates sessions, you will work through a series of exercises on the Reformer bed.
Using the pulleys, straps and springs, your Instructor will vary the exercises, adding more challenge or a little more support. You can do exercises in sitting, lying, kneeling and even standing!
At goPhysio we have a range of ways to join our classes. You can opt for a regular class membership or flexible (PAYG) pass.
A regular class membership offers the following benefits:
- Guaranteed space in your chosen class every week
- A regular, easy to manage monthly Direct Debit
- Classes 50 weeks a year
- 5 (or 10) classes a month, depending on your membership package
- A ‘make up’ class system, where you can swap one of your regular classes for another class
- Manage your classes online through our online class management service
- Full access to online Pilates classes
- Members only oﬀers throughout the year
If you’d rather a flexible pass, you can read more here.
1. We always start with 1-2-1 Reformer sessions, so that you can learn how to use the equipment and the Reformer basics.
2. Book your first Reformer 1-2-1 by calling us on 023 8025 3317.
3. Once you are familiar with the Reformer, normally after three or four 1-2-1 sessions, you can move into a class or continue with 1-2-1 sessions. We offer block booking discounts for a number of 1-2-1 sessions. Please ask your Instructor or reception for more information.