If small group Pilates classes aren’t for you or you’d like more individual attention, we also offer 1-2-1 Pilates, for both mat and Reformer Pilates. These sessions are completely tailored to you and what you need and can be booked at a time that suits you.
Why 1-2-1 Pilates?
You may choose 1-2-1 Pilates for a number of reasons:
- You aren’t confident or comfortable joining a class
- You want more individualised care and attention
- You are recovering from an injury or surgery
- You want to build up your confidence and ability before joining classes
- You want to do Pilates with a friend or family member (we also offer 2-2-1!)
1-2-1 Pilates can help:
- People with ongoing or recurrent back or neck problems
- Long term musculoskeletal pain and conditions such as arthritis
- Athletes and regular exercisers, such as runners, who want to learn how to move well and efficiently, wanting to improve their sporting performance
- Pro-active individuals who want to enhance their physical durability and prevent musculoskeletal injuries
- Anyone who wants to improve their strength, stability, co-ordination and balance
- Rehabilitation following an injury
- Improve posture and postural awareness
What does 1-2-1 Pilates involve?
All of our 1-2-1 Pilates sessions are clinical, taken by Physio’s or Rehab Therapists with specialist APPI Pilates training.
You can book 1-2-1s on a day or time that suits you and the sessions will be completely tailored to you and your needs. It’s a great way to build up your ability and confidence in Pilates, and you can choose from mat or Reformer.
The sessions are 45 minutes.
- Individualised approach and attention
- A great way to build up ability and confidence in Pilates
- Choice of mat or Reformer Pilates
- Flexible days and times (including evenings)
- Perfect before joining classes
- Great for absolute beginners or those less confident
- Fully flexible bookings
It’s a personal choice. 1-2-1s can be a great way to get started with Pilates and to prepare you for joining classes, as you can build ability and confidence through individual attention. It also provides more flexibility, as you aren’t tied to a timetable of classes and can book 1-2-1 sessions when it suits you.
We always advise at least three to four 1-2-1 sessions for Reformer Pilates before joining a class. This helps to make sure you are confident with the equipment and moving on the Reformer.
Yes, definitely! We also offer 2-2-1 sessions so you and a friend or family member can enjoy a private Pilates session together, either mat or Reformer.
A discount is available for these sessions. Please enquire at reception to find out more.