Physiotherapy is at the core of what we do here at goPhysio. If you’re injured or in pain, our team is here to help guide you out of the frustration, pain, and worry of injury, so you can enjoy life to the full!
Physio is one of the most effective ways to help you recover from a huge range of injuries and get you back to doing the things you enjoy.
Book your physiotherapy assessment now here
- A personalised approach, with a combination of hands-on treatments, education, advice and exercises.
- If you don’t want to wait for an NHS appointment or just want a second opinion.
- If you have a long-standing condition that you want help to manage e.g. arthritis or back pain.
- If you a severe condition and are in a lot of pain such as sciatica Help and support to relieve your pain and recovery quickly.
- A detailed, comprehensive assessment where we listen to you and what you want to.
This was my first experience of goPhysio, my visit prompted by reading many excellent reviews. I wasn’t disappointed. My reception was very friendly and the area totally clean and Covid compliant with distanced chairs, a screen and hand sanitiser which I was prompted to use. My lovely physiotherapist Kim greeted me promptly and was totally professional, eﬃcient, knowledgable and helpful during my appointment. The speedy email follow up of an exercise programme, copy invoice and further appointment was similarly impressive. I literally could not fault goPhysio and would highly recommend.
The Benefits Of Physio
Physio can help people like you, of all ages and different lifestyles. From young athletes, oﬃce workers and weekend warriors, through to retirees who love their holidays and Grandparents with childcare duties to fulfil!
- Same day appointments
- No referral needed from your GP, just call and book or book online now
- We really listen to you and spend time with you finding out what you want to achieve
- We’ll start by listening, assessing and diagnosing exactly what’s going on
- A comprehensive recovery plan, including a range of treatments
- Access to a range of on-site services and specialists
- Ongoing care and support
Frequently Asked Questions
There have been many changes with the way health insurance companies cover physiotherapy recently. Subsequently, we require all patients to pay for their physiotherapy appointements up front per appointment. We will provide you with a printed receipt which includes your Physiotherapist’s HCPC number, which you can then provide to your individual insurance company. Depending on your individual policy, you may be able to reclaim some or all of your fees. Policies and cover varies widely now and we are unable to accept any responsibility for the amount you may be able to recaim from your insurance company. You will be responsible for any shortfall.
If you are looking to claim back your fees through your health insurance company, please do let us know, as not all our Clinicains are recognised by health insurance.
We understand that sometimes things come up, however we would appreciate as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment. We just ask that you give us a minimum of 24 hrs notice of any changes to your appointment so that we can re-allocate the appointment. Less than 24 hours notice will result in a charge. Appointment slots are very valuable and without adequate notice that appointment can’t be used for another patient. We send out both text message & email appointment reminders to help you remember your appointment time.
Please just give us a call or drop us an email if you’d like to change your appointment.