A new report from the Chief Medical Officers in the UK has just been published, on the amount and type of physical activity people should be doing to improve their health.
Make a start TODAY. It’s never too late.
Physical activity will help you by:
- Benefitting your health
- Improving your sleep
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Managing stress
- Improving your quality of life
Some is good, more is better.
Physical activity can help reduce the risk of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, falls, depression, joint and back pain and a number of cancers, including colon and breast cancer. So, why wouldn’t you choose to be more active?!
The new guidelines have 4 very simple & easy to follow principles:
- Be active; either 150 minutes of moderate intensity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity a week
- Minimise sedentary time (in other words, don’t sit around so much!)
- Build strength on at least 2 days a week. This doesn’t have to be power lifting at a gym, daily activities that make demands on you like carrying heavy shopping bags counts too!
- As you get older,, include activities to help improve your balance 2 days a week.
Every minute counts.
How can we help you with meeting these guidelines?
At the core of what we do, we help you recover quickly from any pain or injury that might otherwise stop you from being so active. This is so important, the impact that having an injury can have on your physical activity levels over time can be really underestimated.
We also offer a huge range of activities that help you be active!
If you’re later in your life, our Positive Steps exercise classes are a great way for you to work on the all important strength & balance activities in a fun, friendly and supportive environment. They are run every Tuesday and Wednesday morning, just £12.50 a class. Try your first class for free to find out what it’s like! We also offer clinical Pilates classes, exercise based rehab and workshops, such as our monthly foam roller workshop.
Interested in finding out more? Give us a call on 023 8025 3317, we love to chat and find out how we can help you!