This Friday, On Your Feet Britain are challenging the nation to get On Your Feet. This is the fourth national day, when 1 million workers across Britain will be encouraged and challenged to sit less & move more.
Awareness of the “Sitting Disease” has rocketed up in recent years. Standing desks are certainly becoming more commonplace, in fact our offices at goPhysio have 2 standing desk work stations.
Is it time your workplace joined in the fun event to take James Brown at his word?
Join 1 million office workers #SitLess and #MoveMore by signing up your workplace to this free event and see a different aspect of your colleagues.
Here’s some ideas to get you moving
- Here’s a thought, instead of emailing the person opposite, do something revolutionary – walk over & talk face to face. It’s a good way to do business & it’ll do you good.
- Ditch your usual lunch ‘al desko’ and take a stroll outside. You’ll get a spring in your step and feel better for it.
- Make phone calls standing up. You’ll feel more confident and burn more calories than sitting.
- Run a lunchtime fitness workshop, class or guided walk.
- Add a walking meeting to your day.
- Have 1 less chair at a meeting. With every change in the agenda item, move around and swap who stands.
- Walk to work or get off the bus a few stops early.
- Set a timer or reminder to break up prolonged periods of time on the computer to remind you to stand up & move about regularly.
- Drink more water – you’ll have no choice but to get up regularly to visit the loo!
Why not take it on as an office challenge & free yourself from the office chair for the day. Find fun & easy ideas online to take part.
So Friday 27th April 2018 is your chance to get the ball rolling and encourage your employees and colleagues to take a stand. Team up with colleagues and see how much “sitting time” you can reduce on the day.
Sign up today at onyourfeet.org.uk
Read more: Is standing the new sitting?