A lot of thought, care and preparation goes into our Pilates classes at goPhysio in Chandlers Ford. We want to provide classes that will help you not only physically, but give you time to focus on yourself and is something to look forward to and enjoy doing.
There are a few things you can do to get the most from your classes too.
Pilates Instructor Francesca, shares her top tips!
- Come prepared; Pilates socks at the ready, water bottle in hand!
- Leave all your worries and the stresses of the day at the door and turn your phone off so as to not be disturbed unnecessarily.
- Think of your Pilates as a whole hour to focus on yourself. Let’s face it, with the lifestyles we lead there is little opportunity for this normally.
- Don’t worry about what other people are doing in your class. We will always give you different levels or variations of the exercises to challenge you and help you progress if you so wish. Don’t be concerned if you are doing a different exercise to someone else, we try to tailor the class to all of your needs. With our small classes, we are lucky enough to get to know you well, so know when you may need to modify an exercise, use an extra soft block or can’t get into a certain position and will help you accordingly.
- Ask the instructor if you aren’t sure of something or you aren’t feeling the right muscle working. It may be that we can tweak the position you are in enabling you to complete the exercise with the correct technique
- Why not try some pilates at home, especially if there is an exercise you are finding particularly challenging; ask your instructor to send you the exercises via email so you have an option to practice correctly at home or on holiday.
- When making up a class why not try a different level to what you are used to, go back to basics or challenge yourself by going up a level. Just make sure you let the instructor know which class you are normally in.
- Most of all enjoy the class and remember how far you have come from your first class to now.