With so many people working from home and ending up sitting at your screen for hours on end, it is common to be feeling a bit stiff and uncomfortable. Many people are also finding their daily step count/ activity levels have reduced, due to their commute being cut down to a few steps from your bedroom to the desk rather than a walk to work or the train etc.
Here are our top tips to help you keep active and prevent you getting too stiff and uncomfortable whilst you work:
- You might be missing your regular walking commute to work, why not still include this even when working from home. Go for a 10/15 min walk before you start work and then again when you finish work.
- Set a regular timer to stand up and move.
- Think about standing up for any telephone calls.
- Make sure you have a supportive chair and appropriate desk set up.
- Try some regular seated stretches throughout the day.
Download some great stretches here -> Home Working Stretches