Today we are giving away one of our favourites – a spiky ball! This ball can work wonders for easing off tight, sore muscles and areas of tension.
Ball Back Release
This is a great exercise if you sit at a desk or drive a lot. It really helps to loosen up a stiff back and counteract the affects of being hunched over.
- Sit at the wall with the ball at the bottom of the stiff upper back curve, feet planted firmly on the ground. Place your hands on your breastbone to guide the lift.
- Keeping the chin tucked, lift up with the breastbone to lever up over the ball. The head should move towards the wall because of the lift, but not because the neck has arched back.
- You can use a bit of a push up through the feet to encourage the lift.
- After loosening one level, move the tennis balls up a level and repeat. You can continue up to the top level of the upper back, but not into the low neck.
Plantar Fasciitis Ball Massage
We often recommend self massage for the common foot complaint, plantar fasciitis. It really helps release the tightness and ease discomfort. Heres how:
- Stand up and step on a hard ball with the foot.
- Move the ball under your foot to find tender spots.
- Once you are on a tender spot, hold the position while applying pressure. You can hold the position as recommended to release the trigger point.
- Next, move to another tender area.
For your chance to win a very useful spiky ball, like or follow us on social media and share this post!